The common myth that men don’t groom themselves whereas men grooming products like beard and mustache wax and hair gel has been there for ages.
With current time men have become more vocal about their grooming needs and started to demand more products to meet their needs.
These products focused upon all aspects of men grooming from their hairs to skin. Soon there were options for almost all grooming needs and with the required variation in regards to ingredients and requirements.
This demand was not unheard as soon there were brands flooding in with products focused upon men and their grooming needs.
The initiation of these grooming products was from hairs, on the head and face. Soon it was realized that men need skin care as well and the generic products available in the market are just not doing the job.
From moisturizers to face serums, all are available for men’s skin these days.
Men’s skin is different and has different challenges. Generic products and female skincare products might help but they won’t do the right job.
As much as they need care and moisture for their skin, exfoliation is equally important.
Face Scrub’s has many advantages such as –
- Removal of dead skin
- Reduced skin dryness
- Help the moisturizer to get absorbed properly
- Help get clear skin
- Opens pores for the skin to absorb more oxygen
- Makes skin softer
- Gives a natural healthy glow
The men grooming industry grows after this and is working towards developing more and more products each day.
Is there any Face Scrub for me?
Choosing the right product for your skin is essential. Your skin might be tough but it still might have some weaknesses.
Due to the sheer nature of men’s skin, the grooming aim and goals for them are very different
The following points are to be considered to make sure you get the desired results.
You should know your skin type before choosing a Face Scrub –
As not all men are the same, nor are their skin types. The type of skin you have says a lot about your skin requirement.
If you have dry skin, you need products with more hydration and if you have oily skin then you need to stay away from the product which is oil-based or have tick moisture texture.
Once you understand the skin type you can then figure out what key characteristics you need to pick and avoid while planning your skin routine.
When using Face Scrubs what should be your skin goals –
- Skin goals are the long term results you want your skin to show.
- While setting your goals do make sure you are planning it step by step, for instance, if you have acne problem then aim for clear skin before you start planning for that glow.
- Skin goals help a person plan what products they need and when.
- It does sound like a lot of work but once you know what you want you can save time and money experimenting.
Check the ingredient of your Face Scrub –
- If you have any form of allergies or if any specific ingredient has shown a negative impact on your skin in the past then it a nursery for you to check for ingredients before you buy any product.
- It’s also suggested to research the product before you make your purchase.
- While checking for ingredients you also need to check about the presence of certain chemicals. One chemical can do wonders for one but can cause serious damages for anther.
- It is often suggested to go for products with minimum chemicals or adopt as organic and herbal products as possible.
As the industry is huge and growing the availability of products is equally higher. In such cases, you need to know the product well before you decide on what you want. It is also suggested to go for small tester round with products you think have most likely chances to suit you and once you find the one, stick to it.
Some of the best best Face Scrub’s available in the market for men are –
Beardo Activated Charcol Face scrub –
- Beardo is a commonly known brand for men grooming in India and its products for hair grooming such as max and serum are majorly popular.
- Beardo also has a good skincare collection for men and one of its products is “Activated Charcoal face scrub”.
- Charcoal when entered the beauty industry it was all over for its benefits in skin cleaning. It is known for its properties for skin deep cleaning and is used extensively.
- Its main elements are charcoal which absorbs dirt and dust from skin and Glycerin which helps in moisturizing and acne removal.
- It is made with an idea to suit all skin types but its idol for oily skin as it also helps in excessive oil removal from the skin.
- It is also suggested to avoid charcoal-based products if you have excessively dry skin.
- It hardly has any harsh chemicals hence it is also recommended for sensitive skin type.
- It’s easily available online and also available on selected retail stores.
MCaffeine Naked and Raw coffee Face Scrub –
- Coffee is one of the best natural scrubs as it helps in hydration of skin while it exfoliates. Coffee also helps in relaxation on inflammation and improves blood circulation in the skin.
- MCaffeine face scrub along with being rich in coffee also has key ingredients like Argon oil, Vitamin E, Walnut, and Hibiscus.
- While coffee helps your skin shine the other ingredients help your skin with their other nutrient requirement, which helps in improving skin quality and makes it softer.
- Coffee, Walnut, and Hibiscus help in natural exfoliation while Argon oil and vitamin oil helps in skin hydration.
- Due to its intensive exfoliating property, it is an idol for oily skin type and natural skin as well.
- Though this product is not easily available in a retail store it can e easily purchased in any online store and even from its official website.
- It is most natural in making hence the chances of any side effects are very low.
Biotique – Walnut purifying and polishing scrub –
- Biotique as a brand is known for its natural and skin-friendly products.
- This scrub is rich in walnut oil, Vitamin A, tulsi, neem, and sandalwood. The oil extract in the scrub helps the dry skin gain moisture while exfoliating dead skin. Tulsi and neem help in skin purification, helping in acne removal and prevention.
- Walnut as a scrub helps in skin exfoliation and gives it a healthy shine. Its oil also provides good hydration for the skin and prevents dryness.
- As the scrub is rich in hydration it is not recommended for people who have oily skin and suits perfect for people with dry skin or normal skin type people who require skin hydration.
- This scrub is also good for tan removal and can result in skin brightening.
- This product is easily available in retail stores and online as well.
Himalaya Gentle Apricot Scrub –
- Himalaya is another brand known for its natural products. This brand focuses on making all its products as natural as possible with minimum use of chemicals and no use of any harmful chemicals.
- This scrub is majorly made of wheat gram oil and apricot.
- Apricot not only helps in blackhead removal and dead skin removal, but it also acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- It can also help in fighting the signs of premature aging.
- This product due to its mild nature is best for people with sensitive skin types.
- Just like all Himalaya products, this scrub is also easily available in any retail store nearby and on almost all online retail stores.
- This scrub is cost-effective for people looking for an option at a budget.
Men Deserve Activated Charcoal Face Scrub –
- Men Deserve is relatively a new rand in the market. This brand majorly focuses upon men grooming, from beard to hair to skin, they got it all covered.
- Their products might be new but have received good reviews and had made their place in the market.
- One of their most trending product is their activated charcoal pace pack.
- These scrubs have activated charcoal as its key ingredient and are rich in Vitamin E and B3.
- Activated charcoal helps in cleaning the skin by removing the dust and impurities from the skin. It also helps in skin brightening by removing the dead skin layer.
- Vitamin B3 helps in removing tan, making skin brighter.
- Charcoal can act as oil removal and can also lead to dry skin, but as this face scrub is rich in Vitamin A and B3, the skin receives the required hydration.
- Due to activated charcoal, the deep cleaning of the skin is also done, resulting in the removal and prevention of acne.
Ustraa De-Tan face Scrub –
- Ustraa is a man grooming line of Delhi based brand Happily unmarried.
- Happily Unmarried as a brand focuses upon grooming products and is known for its unique packaging and marketing presence.
- Ustraa is also a relatively new brand but is well known in the market and is also one of the preferred brands when it comes to complete men grooming.
- This scrub is focused upon tan removal as it helps in skin exfoliation and removal of the dead skin layer.
- It helps in skin lighting and removal of blackheads and whiteheads.
- It also helps in unclogging the block pores as blocked pores receive no oxygen and can slowly result in depletion of skin quality.
- As Happily unmarried products are widely available, even Ustraa has a wide presence in the market. Its products are available in the selective retail store and have a wide online presence.
- It considered to be all skin type products and is not that high on price range.
Men grooming is not an easy task and should not be taken lightly.
Finding the right product for your needs is depended on how m=well you understand what you need, what your skin needs, and what level of commitment you can provide.
No grooming is complete until the time is well spent on it. Make sure if the product that you are using feels good at the first attempt and have no reaction, then give it time to start showing results.
For most products, scrubbing can be done weekly and the results can be expected within the 5th or 6th use.
Once you start feeling the benefits do remember that aiming for more is not wrong but you need to let your skin take the full use of the product used and have last effects too.
Always remember your skin needs care, as much as you care about your appearance. No look is complete until your sin supports it.